I’ve noticed that whenever I’m trying to insert a Blogger permalink within Google+ (at least via their iOS app) I encounter the “invalid link” error.

After much testing I discovered that the issue has less to do with Blogger and more to do with Google+ who for reasons beyond comprehension will not recognize links ending in “.html” (although “.htm” is fine.

Worse, if I simple remove the “L” at the end (making the link “.htm”) Google+ recognizes it as valid when in reality the permalink doesn’t work at all!

I’ve illustrated out the problem using the pictures below (for the visually stimulated), but hopefully Google+ fixes this problem soon.

And as a bonus rewards me with a custom URL (I kid, I kid!).